This position supports the field and laboratory work of the Sala Lab and partially support the functioning of Global Drylands Center. Under the lab manager part of this job, he or she will perform a wide variety of standard laboratory and field experimental procedures during field season in several locations in New Mexico, Utah and Arizona requiring ingenuity, resourcefulness and adaptability to special and changing needs of research. In addition, the lab manager oversees the functioning of the lab and purchasing of supplies. Under the Global Drylands Center functioning, he or she will maintain web site, assist in the purchasing of supplies and in the event organization.
- May supervise, monitor or coordinate work of subordinates.
- Performs skilled procedures, tests and analyses in the field and in the lab.
- Analyzes data and writes research progress reports including summarizing test results of participating investigators and assists in the preparation and writing of papers for publication; assists in writing reports on one or more aspects for large ecological projects.
- Performs administrative functions such as assisting in projecting budgets and procuring laboratory space, supplies and equipment.
- Creates and manages databases for studies which includes setting up database and associated data entry programs and retrieving data from database for purposes of analyses or data review.
Bachelor’s degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND two years related research experience; OR, Six years research experience appropriate to the area of assignment; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE.